Foojay Podcast #11: Looking Back to 2022 and Predictions for 2023
January 14, 2023
A few weeks ago, Ted Neward published a post in which he reviewed the predictions he made one year ago and added a long list of predictions for 2023. In this Foojay Podcast episode, we talk about these predictions, and we even found an analogy between what has happened at Twitter in the last months and the history of Java!
- 00'00 Intro and music
- 00'13 About the topic of this podcast
- 00'28 Introduction of Ted and Frank
- 01'40 Goal of the predictions
- 03'53 Looking back at the predictions of 2022
- 05'30 "Work-from-home will become normalized as part of the landscape"
- 13'00 "Microservices start to give way back to deliberate monoliths"
- 19'40 "Demand for full-stack developers will continue to leave companies high-and-dry"
- 26'39 "2023 will be the year we try to figure out what to do with all this AI stuff"
- 37'49 "Hiring will accelerate at the end of 1Q/2023"
- 46'03 "BOLD TWITTER TAKE: Elon will sell Twitter (perhaps involuntarily) at the end of 2023, to another tech firm (like Microsoft or Oracle)"
- 54'37 "Cloud will begin to shift"
- 1:04'32" Looking for an engineering or devrel manager? Hire Ted!
- 1:05'16" What will be the next "oriented"?
- 1:13'51" Conclusion